1. PERSONAL DETAILS
Family name Leong
Given name Susan Melinda
Born in 1975
Place of birth Helsinki, Finland
Nationality Finnish 1982- (Malaysian 1975-1982)
Living in Phuket, Thailand
2. PROFESSION IN BRIEFLY
Experienced in marketing communication design and production. Graphic and visual design, and technical implementation to digital and print products. Innovative, creative and persistent. Versatile media production acknowledgement and beside B2C focus, very strong history in B2B projects. In practice, most common tasks incl. video editing, drawing, image processing, layouting, video compositing and 2D animations, websites, brochures, logos, banners (HTML5), ads, content management, etc.
3. WORKING EXPERIENCE
- 2001 – present Freelance AD and digital/graphic designer for various clients. Including many different industries, from small businesses to international corporates. Projects for example:
- Brand designs with guidelines and handouts
- Product branding
- Common advertising
- Event designs (ads, rollups, slides, walls)
- Websites with few facelifts and web stores
- Interior design for starter company of 20 people
- Designing and then defining technical specifications for CMS provider
- Video player UI design
- Website UX faceliftings
- Stall in a mall
- Content web mastering
- Video compositions
- Mobile AR applications
- October 2014 – present Valve Group, Helsinki
Digital production, html5 template developing (incl. RSS and video banners), social media advertisements, banners, designing websites and developing better processes. 2D animations and video editing. Project managing. Biggest client is Finland’s nr.1 broadcasting company MTV3, Nokia, MercedesBenz, Finnkino, Sonera and SRV.
- February 2014 – October 2014 Faster Horse, Helsinki
Various digital concepts, design and production – just like in previous position in Konsepti Advertising.
- October 2004 – February 2014 Konsepti Advertising, Helsinki
Designing and producing videos mainly for B2B purpose. They were often implemented to other medias using QR or AR in print media. Designing and producing websites, content updates, banner ads, campaign sites. Clients incl. Tekes, Walki, Fujitsu, Kauppakeskus Forum, Finnish Communications Regulatory Authority, Finnish Customs, Ministry of Transport and Communications, Digitv, Stora Enso, UPM Raflatac, Outotec, Makropur, WTC, Betonitalo, CLX Pirkkala, Renault, and Volvo…
- April 2003 – May 2004 Grey Pro, Helsinki
Among Finland’s biggest advertising corporation at that time (SEK). Designing websites for B2C sector and building them with WYSIWYG editors, content management of Nokia mobile phones website (structure and graphical contents), image processing and making Nokia sales packages, manuals, newsletters and technical drawings. Another big-name clients were Electrolux and YTV.
- June 2002 – September 2002 Netello Systems, Turku
Graphic web designer in company’s branch office in Helsinki. Clients were small or medium-size local companies.
- June 2001 – April 2002 Ltd Machine Tool Co, Helsinki
In-house marketing planner, graphic designer and web developer in marketing team. Designing and producing new website and web mastering it. Uplifting visual appearance and build graphical guidance for the company. Magazine and newspaper ads, brochures, price lists and other layouts to various construction machinery products. Personal computer support advisor for marketing team with 2 servers, and about 30 Windows workstations.
- November 2000 – June 2001 IT Press (Edita Group Ltd), Helsinki
Marketing Assistant in publishing unit of computing related publications. Production of advertisements, posters, brochures and other everyday graphics. Assistance of webmaster, organizing and coordinating exhibitions and being as unit’s representative member in editorial staff of group’s customer magazine. Microsoft campaign design incl. brochures, advertisements and campaign websites.
- November 1999 – November 2000 Multiprint Ltd, Helsinki
DTP operator operating print servers, handling and modifying different kind of prepress files, image manipulating, making layouts, designing everyday handouts such as menus, visiting cards, posters etc.
Other work experiences:
- July 1999 – September 1999 Technical Department of Lahti City Transportation
Cartographer digitizing altitude contours of lot maps and geotechnical maps.
- August 1995 – August 1997 Uudenmaan Sairaalapesula Ltd, Kerava
Working in hospital and health care textile maintenance.
- June 1995 – July 1995 Rakennus Seppälä Ltd, Kärkölä
- October 1993 – November 1993 Alliance of Häme County, Hämeenlinna
Practical training as a cartographer. Hand drawing nature park recreational trail maps.
- June 1992 Orion Pharma Ltd, Espoo
Summer trainee as a material handler in pharmaceutical manufacturer.
- October 1990 Matka Kaleva Ltd, Helsinki
Practical training in travel agency. Accounting of flight and ferry tickets and lists. Other assisting assignments in accounting division.
4. EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Adobe After Effects, Corellia 2016
- Project management for professionals of TV broadcasting, Valve Academy 2015
- Adobe Digital Publisher Suite in tablet publications, Sovelto 2013
- Flash Ajax, K2 Mediat 2007
- PHP, K2 Mediat 2007
- Final Cut Pro, People Group Academy 2006
- Audiovisual communications, Diploma of Visual Design, aRTO (Radio and TV Institute of Adulta) 2003
- Audiovisual communications, Visual Design, aRTO (Radio and TV Institute of Adulta) 2002
- Adobe InDesign practical, PrePress Studio Ltd 2000
- DocuColor and Scitex workflow management and file preference server, Xerox Ltd 2000
- Mechanic of land surveying Diploma project was planning a private house and its technical constructional drawings Further Education College, Tavastia Education center 1994
- High School first year courses 4/5, EtuTöölön lukio, Helsinki 1992
- Comprehensive School lower degree in Pelimannintien Ala-aste and upper degree in sport oriented Etelä-Kaarelan Yhteiskoulu Helsinki 1991
5. LANGUAGE SKILLS
Finnish is my native language. English is good. I learned Swedish and German languages in school. Now learning basics of Thai language.
6. COMPUTER AND APPLICATIONS
Experienced both in PC and Mac environment but recently resigned from Apple fleet to Windows. Going strong 🙂
Just few softwares, applications and services to mention:
Excellent: Photoshop, Lightroom, Adobe Media Encoder, Google Web Designer, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe Animate, Adobe Edge Animate, CSS Edit, Audacity, Apple Final Cut Pro + X, Apple DVD Studio Pro, Apple Motion, Apple Compressor, Miro encoder, Hype, Office 365 and Bannerflow applications.
Good: Soundtrack Pro, Adobe Muse, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects.
Project management and team communication tools I use or have used: Liquidplanner, Jira, Confluence, Trello, Basecamp, Wipster, Slack, Severa.
Digital media tools: Celtra, Adform, Doubleclick.
Very proactive to figuring things out. Can setup websites with database and some PHP scripts, for example to make forms to work. Worked with many different CMS, mostly WordPress – from the scratch. Augmented reality applications used: Aurasma and Junaio channels.
- Trash Hero volunteer and chapter leader in Phuket 2016-2019, every weekend we were stopping plastic and other pollutive trash from entering the ocean.
- Hylyt.net web publication for wreck divers and archaeologist in Finland. Volunteered for several years as part of non-profit foundation that made this wreck database available. Visual design and UX.
- EFC 2008 (European Floorball Cup) tournament in Finland media team member. Scheduled players into press rooms, shoot video interviews and edited them on the spot and published clips immediately to events global website.Real time reporting from finals. Designed and built tournaments footage logo animation, “engine”.
- Representative member in editorial staff of Edita Group’s customer magazine while worked in Edita.
8. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Driving license B Finland, EU
- Driving licence Motorcycle Thailand
- Employee of the year 2006 in Konsepti Advertising, hard working, social, loyal and kind colleague
- PADI Divemaster and Rescue diver, IANTD recreational advanced trimix diver and cavern diver, TDI full technical cave diver and sidemount cave diver
- EFR (Emergency First Response) 1+2